Manga by Ryo Ishiyama
Love hurts, especially when you almost die and get turned into a bone monster.
David and Jordan give their first thoughts on the discuss Shonen Jump manga Amalgam of Distortion. Listen in as they give an overview of the first chapter, where they think it will go from there, and ultimately their “power word” to describe the series so far. They also dive into some listener questions.
• You can reach us at Twitter @shonenflopcast or email us email@example.com
• Help keep the show running by joining the Shonen Flop Patreon at patreon.com/shonenflop. Get perks like early access to episodes; joining us during recordings, and exclusive episodes on manga like Agravity Boys, Magu-chan: God of Destruction, and PPPPPP.
• Get Shonen Flop merch, including this episode’s cover art, on a shirt, mug, print, or whatever else might catch your eye https://www.teepublic.com/stores/shonen-flop?ref_id=22733
• Become a member of our community by joining our Discord. You can hang out with us, submit your questions or six word summaries! Find it at https://discord.com/invite/4hC3SqRw8r
• Want to be a guest? You can ask to be on a future episode at bit.ly/shonen_flop_guest
• Shonen Flop is hosted by David Weinberger and Jordan Forbes
• Additional editing assistance by Dylan Crider you can find his podcast, Anime Out of Context at animeoutofcontext.com
• Episode art by Shannon (IG: illuminyatea)
This story is about a boy named Rokumichi Kusaba who wants to confess his feelings to Yayoi Hino, his childhood friend. Unfortunately, after choosing the place to confess, he gets crushed by a train and loses his lower half. Rokumichi then gets saved by a scientist that turns him into a monster instead of a regular human being. What is his life going to be like while being under the guise of a monster? And what will his childhood friend think.